Flex Equipment Warranty Policy
Flex Fitness Equipment (FLEX) has been a supplying equipment to retail,semi commercial and commercial clients for a number of years. Customers need to replace products based on the usage and wear and tear. This document forms the basis of this warranty policy.
The items we stock come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the New Zealand Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure.
It is the responsibility of the purchaser to ensure the product is suited to their needs and correct installation and maintenance procedures are followed. The purchaser also has a responsibility to ensure that further users or clients use and handle the products as intended.
We highly recommend that you perform regular equipment audits to ensure correct assembly and maintenance.
Products sold by FLEX are covered by a manufacturer's warranty for the structural integrity of the product, as long as the product is fit for purpose.
If your product turns out to be faulty or damaged, FLEX will repair, replace or refund the item unless ( but not limited to) :
- The product not being used for its intended purpose
- Normal wear and tear
- Cosmetic wear and tear
- Incorrect installation
- Incorrect Assembly
- Improper Storage
- Lack of a maintenance plan
- A poor maintenance plan
- Out of the warranty period
- No proof of purchase
Our product range is constantly increasing, and new items are always added. If you cannot find your item / category, the item will by default have a 3month manufacturer's warranty.
Unless otherwise stated, all products have a 3month manufacturers warranty, from the date of invoice.
Claiming your warranty is easy and can be done in a few simple steps. Please ensure you have read and understood the warranty policy before lodging a claim.
False or Invalid Claims
An false or invalid claim is a claim that is lodged without fully understanding the warranty policy.False or invalid claims will incur a charge of $50 per claim and $89 if a call out is required. This is to allow for the time and labour involved in investigating the claim.
Example of false or invalid claims that will incur a fee:
A product that is out of warranty or where you do not have a valid receipt
- Wear and tear on an item eg wear and tear from training on rubber flooring
- Chips or scuffs to paintwork on a kettlebell after using it
- A treadmill motor or belt that was never maintained
- A spin bike used in a commercial gym where it is only suited to home or PT use
- Wall balls smashed against a wall or the ground and not used correctly
Steps to claim:
Claim > Assessment > Testing > Outcome
- To lodge a claim you will need the info below via the service request form on the website ( Claims will only be accepted via email or the service request form)
- 1. Invoice number and date
- 2. Name of the item and the issue
- 3. Submit relevant photos and videos
- 4. Your contact info
Please include all the relevant info. Any missing info will only add to delays in processing your claim.
Once all the info is received, an experienced service tech will review the claim.
Expected time frame
The outcome will vary based on the item. In some cases we have to contact the manufacturer or test the product.
If the issue is a clear manufacturing defect, your claim will be escalated.
lf warranty claims will be reviewed by a senior manager in consultation with a service tech before a final decision is made. If you wish to dispute the outcome, we recommend you independent advice.
Products covered by the warranty policy in this document are listed below. Additional information including warranty period, exclusions and maintenance requirements is also listed.
Delivery and Assembly
Where delivery and assembly is included in the installation through staff of sub contractors of Flex Fitness Equipment, the customer is responsible for checking the final install. Any issues must be reported immediately in writing. Flex Fitness Equipment is only responsible for assembly of the equipment.
We are not responsible for the maintenance of the equipment. It is the responsibility of the client to ensure the install is suitable for his/her purpose and that it will handle the weight loadings he/she wishes it to. It it the responsibility of the customer to ensure all enquipment is securely attached to the floor where necessary.
The client is also responsible for bolting down the equipment to ensure it is sturdy. This may be required in a commercial environment e.g. a personal training studio or a commercial gym. For example - If Flex Fitness equipment is required to deliver and install a rack or cage, the client is responsible for checking that the rig is dyna bolted to the floor and is sturdy enough for his/her requirements. Standard delivery and assembly terms and conditions will also apply.
Caution – for safe operation Always inspect equipment prior to operation. Look for loose bolts and frayed cables. Repair or replace any damaged or worn parts and tighten all loosened hardware. As part of Flex Fitness Equipment's normal installation and setup process, all bolts must be tightened and checked after the first 1-2 hours of initial usage and then periodically, un-tightened bolts and nuts may become loose, causing damage, which may void warranty and be dangerous to the user.
After using the equipment, always clean and wipe down the equipment. Perspiration that continuously settles on the frame and pads may cause rust or damage to the unit. Damage resulting from lack of proper maintenance will not be covered under warranty. All products sold by Flex Fitness Equipment must be maintained as per specifications in the maintenance / operations guide supplied by the manufacturer or as above. Failure to maintain and service equipment will result in the warranty being void.
1. Warranty is return to base unless otherwise stated. The product must be returned to our warehouse in Malaga. All transport costs to the warehouse and back to the customer will be covered by the customer.
2. Onsite service is only available in selected areas and will incur a callout fee of $89/hr. Refunds will not be offered except where Flex Fitness Equipment has failed to remedy the defect through repair or replacement. Onsite service is not available for products under $500
3. A Tax invoice as proof of purchase is required for all warranty claims.
4. Warranty only applies to the first owner. The warranty cannot be transferred to a second owner
5. This warranty extends to consumer use only and is void when the product is used for commercial, institutional, or hire use, except when the product is purchased for commercial use and a commercial warranty is issued. Service conditions apply to products sold to commercial and institutional facilities
6. Equipment must be used and stored indoors in a dry and dust free environment and warranty will be void if used/stored outdoors, in a garage, shed, under a patio or any outdoor environment.
7. The equipment must be serviced regularly at least once every year or as per the manufacturers specification for the warranty to be valid.
8. Our Lifetime Warranty policies guarantee the lifetime of the product on the market. Lifetime is considered to be 5 years unless otherwise stated specifically.
9. Damage occurred in transport, abuse, neglect, misapplication (e.g. a domestic product used in a commercial environment) or improper assembly of the product.
10. Cosmetic items including but not limited to plastics, grips, seats, paintwork. The warranty does not cover calls to correct installation of the equipment or to instruct owners of how to use the equipment.
11. Normal wear and tear. All warranty will be void if the product is used for purposes other than those intended. Where there is evidence that such activities have contributed to component failure will result in the warranty being voided. The Warranty does not cover pickup, delivery, or freight charges connected or relating to repairs.
12. The Buyer shall inspect and verify the goods on delivery and shall within three (3) days of delivery notify Flex Fitness Equipment in writing of any alleged defect, shortage in quantity, or damage upon checking the goods. No change of mind will be accepted.
Limitations of Warranty
The warranty does not apply to any part of a product that has been installed, altered, repaired, or misused in any way that, in the opinion of Flex Fitness Equipment, would affect the reliability or detracts from the performance of any part of the product, or is damaged as the result of use in a way or with equipment that had not been previously approved by Flex Fitness Equipment.
The warranty does not apply to any product or parts thereof where the serial number or the serial number of any of its parts has been altered, defaced, or removed.
The warranty does not cover damage or loss incurred in transportation of the product.
The warranty does not cover replacement or repair necessitated by loss or damage from any cause beyond the control of Flex Fitness Equipment, such as lightning or other natural and weather related events or wartime environments.
The warranty does not cover any labour involved in the removal and/or reinstallation of warranted equipment or parts on site, or any labour required to diagnose the necessity for repair or replacement.
The warranty excludes any responsibility by Flex Fitness Equipment for incidental or consequential damages arising from the use of the equipment or products, or for any inability to use them either separate from or in combination with any other equipment or products.
Weight ratings are meant to be used as a general guide only. You must ensure you test the equipment for yourself. Weight loadings must never be exceeded. All fitness equipment is sold on an 'as is' basis and the specifications are only those supplied by the manufacturer. Flex Fitness Equipment does not manufacture any equipment and does not accept any liability for weight loadings.
Flex Fitness Equipment’s warranty, as stated, is in lieu of all other warranties, expressed, implied, or statutory, including those of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. The buyer shall pass on to any purchaser, lessee, or other user of Flex Fitness Equipment’s products, the aforementioned warranty, and shall indemnify and hold harmless Flex Fitness Equipment from any claims or liability of such purchaser, lessee, or user based upon allegations that the buyer, its agents, or employees have made additional warranties or representations as to product preference or use. The remedies provided herein are the buyer’s sole and exclusive remedies. Flex Fitness Equipment shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages, whether based on contract, tort, or any other legal theory.
|See Manufacturers website|
|See Manufacturers website|
|See Manufacturers website|
|See Manufacturers website|